How to Clean CurtainsAdministrator
It is essential to stick to the warnings of the manufacturer or seller to preserve the first-day condition of your curtains and extend their life. If it says that it cannot be washed by hand or machine, you should pay attention to it.
- It is recommended to wash curtains an average of 4 times a year. However, this number increases in houses with smoking or heating and stoves. The washing program of the washing machine must be set to the delicate wash function. The speed of the washing machine should be low and the spinning process should be done in a short time.
- Curtains are supposed to be washed in warm water. Higher temperature causes damage to the curtains. If the curtain is a very delicate type of tulle, a safer wash is possible by putting it in an old pillowcase.
- Whitening cleaning products shorten the life of the tulle and reduce its quality. Therefore, it is better to stay away from such products.
- One or two spoons of granulated sugar added to the washing machine will provide whiteness on curtains.
- For whitening, the curtain can be kept overnight in water with detergent.
- Powder washing soda which you can find ready-made in the markets or products specially produced for curtain cleaning can be used.
- The curtain should be hung on the cornice immediately so that it does not crease after washing. The weight accumulated below due to wetness will automatically correct the curtain creases. Ironing the curtain causes to turn yellow in time. Therefore, ironing should be avoided. Also, you can soak the yellowed tulle in a glass of ammonia-added water for a few hours to whiten it.